Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One day Post Partum


Headed down to the Gas Station late last night after the park lights had gone off and was impressed that the illumination from within was working exactly as I'd anticipated. The ambient lighting from the streets is bright enough to diminish the effect, but if you stay with it, then, you can see the changes in color and intensity in the light.

I want to thank my old friend, Mark. He was unable to come to help with the actual installation, but this VW bus, a very close model of my own old bus, except for the color and the surf boards and the fact that the doors on my bus actually open and close.. but otherwise it's a close replica..
he made for me and delivered it all the way from Van Nuys Falls to Glendale the night before the installation.

As my fingers heal and I get a little feedback on the project, I'm pleased with the way things have gone. I now have other balloon ideas that may fly.. or sit. We'll see.

Meanwhile, your comments are welcome and as this project literally sinks into the .. well, the west? I applaud the City of Glendale for accomodating my rather unusual idea. It's the first of what I hope are many artsy uses of this beautiful space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home